DISHES AND RECIPES

NATILLAS:

One of my favorite dishes my father makes is the natilla. This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation in my dad's family. We usually eat it at Christmas but whenever we feel like it we do it. 


The last time I made natilla with my father was so much fun. I remember that the first thing we did was see if we had everything we needed to prepare them. We needed 1.5 liters of milk, an egg, a stick of cinnamon, a large can of condensed milk and half a cup of sugar.




The first thing we did was pour the milk into a large pot and shake it constantly, then we put the cinnamon stick and the condensed milk to keep stirring. Finally we put the sugar and lowered it to the fire. We put it in the fridge and waited until it was cold.

Eating it is always the best part. I remember that day my mom, dad and I sat down to watch movies while we ate natilla. We had a happy weekend :)



TAKOYAKI:




These small Japanese balls are a typical food made from wheat flour and octopus. Some of its ingredients are: wheat flour dough, pieces of octopus, chopped ginger and seaweed. They are super easy to make so you can prepare them at home whenever you want! 

I tried this palate for the first time at a Japanese festival here in Cali. These balls are very soft and the flavor of the octopus gives them a special touch. At the festival they were prepared in a sphere-shaped mold to make them more beautiful, but I'm sure you don't need a mold to make them. While they were preparing them, they told me that it is a traditional dish from the Kansai region and that you can find it in restaurants or on street stalls there. 

I would like to make them at home but I never have time and the preparation of the octopus is always very complex.


:)))

Comentarios

  1. That's lovely, we should prepare natilla and watch movies as you did with your family.
    -Sofia Sarria

    ResponderEliminar
  2. THE STORY IS VERY INTERESTING I IMAGINATED ALFONSO DOING NATILLA VERY CUTE THE SECOND DISH DOESNT SOUND GOOD

    AINHOA

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello, I think that the recepy of TAKOYAKI its very intresting, it seems delicious, I will to try it.
    PD: I love you

    ResponderEliminar
  4. i like this history and the explanation is so good and clear.
    patrick rueda

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario